When I ask people why they are working, what do you imagine they say? Too many tell me, “To pay the bills.”
How sad! Really? You are this amazing human being with tremendous potential and the capacity for greatness and somehow you have sunk to the level of simply surviving your life! How tragic. No one should settle for a life of just getting by.
“Thriving” is a vision, a picture of how your life could, and perhaps should, be. You know you are thriving when:
- You know the unique gift you were given, and you are exercising it every day.
- You are focused on making a difference and trusting that all of your needs will be met.
- You are being yourself in all that you do:
- Honoring your preferences.
- Speaking your mind.
- Expressing all of your creativity.
- You are fully engaged and excited by all aspects of your life.
- Your relationships are deeply fulfilling and meaningful.
- You value and put to good use every moment of your time.
Doesn’t that sound fantastic? Wouldn’t you like to live this way? Can you believe it is possible?
Creating a “thriving” life isn’t as difficult as you imagine. Doing so requires identifying one small step you can take in that direction and then putting that step into action. When you have mastered that step, you will be ready for the next one.
Take 15 minutes and consider one step you can take. If you can’t come up with anything, contact me. We will work on this together.